Tuesday 29 January 2013

Creeping

So I started anyway...

Week 1 begins gently with an overview of the module themes & a few readings, nicely interspersed with navigation tips, revelation that our experience of H800 is itself part of the subject matter & a cautionary note about tutors' working hours. 

Immediately ejected from my comfort zone by being asked to answer an icebreaker question: something unusual about myself? Hmm. do I write about my cross-faculty wanderings (I've studied & taught modern languages, ICT, humanities from art history to philosophy) & make myself sound like an unbearable show-off? Or about my stranger personal habits & convince everyone that 'I'm a freak, I'm a weirdo'

Make frantic notes about comfort zones, learner preferences, inhibitions & their potential to impede successful learning experiences.

Realise I've been sucked into having a successful learning experience.

Play Radiohead again.

No comments:

Post a Comment